Earls Court Show 1954?

Prince Duster

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks David, a great slice of late Vincent factory life: there are two Princes in shot. The one in the far background was my father's bike for many years, Alan Lancaster, with the sidecar attached, which was one of the two enclosed models at Earl's Court I understand. For many years it wore the extra chrome the show bikes carried and he bought it with the same chair attached, back in 1963. Be interesting to know where the cut-away D engine is now. David Lancaster

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Thanks David, a great slice of late Vincent factory life: there are two Princes in shot. ....... Be interesting to know where the cut-away D engine is now. David Lancaster
The club has a sectioned engine on a box stand. The Coventry Section put it on their stand at an NEC Classic Car and Bike Show a few years ago. Could this be the same sectioned engine?

vibrac

VOC Member
No doubt it will be on permanent display in the clubs premises when they are completed
I wonder how the detectives are doing researching where all the past trophy's cups and exhibits stored in various winners hands and members premises are?
Soon there will be a permanent place for them to come back home, do you know of any? perhaps a "I know where they are thread" would be a good idea certainly when the MPH on line search is available to officials it should be easy to track when each 'lost' trophy was last awarded and to who....

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Is there still a sectioned Vincent 998 engine on display in the Science Museum in London, or has it been consigned to the basement.