E/bay cases

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello Vibrac, And any other clever people, Have a look at E/bay, 321259206226, How the hell are they going to work ? The front has been chopped off, so no mag' and no oil filter, and the barrel stud holes, Only two are left untouched, I have never seen an over bored engine up close, But the photos I have seen still leave all four stud holes as was. Cheers, Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
I suppose you are looking at an external oil system and a crank mounted trigger but you are right those stud holes are an absolute mess, all in all a lot of work, for what?

a set new cases (and believe me I bought a pair and they are magnificent) from the spares company are only about a grand more at the current bid, lets watch and see, it has the makings of a bigger chuckle than the £700+ miller rear light bid

Howard

VOC Member
I wouldn't offer £2 for them, let alone £2000 - surely the bore should be central to the stud holes, nomatter how big they are.

H

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
He looks like he has skimmed the top of the rear cylinder hole, It has broken into the rear cam spindle hole, I know the hole is close to the cylinder base as standard, But on his they are not the same, front and rear ! Howard, He had them up for £5,000 at first !! Cheers Bill.

Howard

VOC Member
Maybe we could set up a company, buying VOCSC cases, making them totally unusable, and selling them on ebay at £5,000.

If we then said we know someone who can return them to standard, we could charge them another £5,000 and send them back a new set from the VOCSC. :)

H

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Who s supplying the Spares Co. cases at present? I recall that Molnar did for awhile, don't know if he still does. I have a set of his cases, they certainly look good, although they do not have enough meat around the oversized 72 mm bearings to allow for seal fitment, not sure what I will do there. Andy assured me that his cases would have plenty of extra material here to allow for the big mainbearings. It became apparent later that he had never heard of the seal mod listed in Richardson and found on many Vincents.

Glen

Last edited:

Andy55

Forum User
VOC Member
I seem to remember that the cases that sold for around £4000 on ebay included a pair of heads, muffs, timing cover and flywheels. I am in the market for a set of chopped cases but I don't see much potential in these. Perhaps the value is in the actual numbers which could be transferred to a set of new cases?

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
I say we make him the following offer: "You give us (The VOC) £1000 and we'll make those cases disappear. Saving you the embarrassment of explaining why you paid money for them in the first place and why you tried to scam money out of some unsuspecting twit thinking they may be worth something."
Seriously though they look messed up. Door stop or paper weight that's the only use for them.
Steven