• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

DVR2 electronic voltage regulator?

vapide

Well Known and Active Website User
Non-VOC Member
Anyone have any experience with the DVR2 regulator from Manor Technology?

I have used Podtronic in the past and have absolutely no complaints with them, but the DVR2 has two features that seem really neat - it can be used (by switching wires) either as a straight 6V regulator, or a JG-style 6-12 converter reg. Also, unlike the Podtronic 6-12 model, it will fit in a Lucas or Miller reg case. It's also reasonably priced.

I like the idea of being able to use it for 6 or 12v since I never can make up my mind which I like better, and because I could use it on any of my machines. However, the #1 thing I want from a electronic regulator is reliablity, and the manufacturers of these products often seem to be prone to making extravagant claims so it is hard to know what to believe.

Tnecniv Edipar

Well Known and Active Website User
Non-VOC Member
Can't claim direct experience but reading through the info on their website I would say that looks like a good unit. Seems like the MD has had direct experience of the failings of other units.

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?