• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Dueling Breather Banjos

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Vincents can be prone to dueling breather banjos, but when I ran across the posts by Max and Chankly I wondered how many owners know of the Dueling Banjo connection to Vincent. In most recent memory, Eric Weissberg (on banjo) and Steve Mandell (on guitar) recorded the tune for the movie Deliverance:

Eric has ridden a Series D Black Shadow for as long as I can remember. I saw the bike recently as he has a friend of mine do the mechanical work on it and it was in the shop. For a guy that went to Juilliard, he is quite a motor-head.

Eric used the song that had been recorded in 1955 by Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith which he called "Fuedin' Banjos:

It would be unfair to mention Arthur Smith without going to the tune that gave him his nickname "Guitar Boogie," which became so well-known:

Finally, the modern rendition by the great Tommy Emanuel:

I did not count his fingers, but it sounds like he has seven.

David

Warning! This thread is more than 9yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.