Driving in Switzerland.

Alan J

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Just been to a "Jampot" rally in Switzerland-my bike and me survived o.k. but poor Judy ["the beloved"] tripped over some concrete steps, rearranged her face somewhat and fractured 2 fingers! The hospital was first class and our Swiss hosts very helpful, luckily Judy got a lift in a car two thirds of the way home! One poor Dutchman fell foul of the Swiss police-got "done 'at 127k.p.h in a 80 zone=it cost him almost £1000 AND was banned from driving in Switzerland on the spot! Luckily for him a kind German offered to take his bike back into Germany. Other English riders said don't go into Switzerland with "after market" exhausts!-big fine!!

vibrac

VOC Member
Any country that bans motorcycle and trolley racing wouldn't get me visiting it anyway

Black Flash

VOC Member
If you go really fast there the fine depends on your income!!! so I think the fella paying 1000 GBP was still lucky.
last year it went through the press that a frenchman was giving his Ferrari a blast on the swiss motorway. he was flashed doing about 240 km/h (ca. 145 mph).
he had to pay 240.000 swiss francs, more than his car was worth.
I know myself that they have zero tolerance, you do 51 kph on a 50 kph road and you have to pay 80 SF.
I simply avoid this country and only go there when I really have to businesswise.
Bernd