Drive Sprocket Nut Spanner?

nkt267

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It was indeed just like Phil Irving's quip about riding the Vindian: "like being a yachtsman at the helm of the Queen Mary."
At least you don't have to put your feet down when turning the Queen Mary at low speeds..John

Howard

VOC Member
At least you don't have to put your feet down when turning the Queen Mary at low speeds..John

A friend had an Electraglide, and that was like turning the Queen Mary, but watching him riding round the cones at a rider training course was very impressive. If I ever have to do most of my Motorcycling weaving round cones, I may buy a Harley. :)

H

Rob H

VOC Member
I can't remember the hexagon size on my twin, a snap-on socket + an air gun (tyre fitters freind) keeps it all in one place! best of all it does it in seconds.

Sorry forgot to add, I am referring to the front / drive sprocket on a twin. I have a rattle gun but no socket to fit, did not think you could get one deep enough to fit over the shaft.

Can you tell me what type of socket you use and where I can get one from?

Rob H

VOC Member
Twin nut is 1" Whitworth (1.670" across flats), Single is 3/4" Whitworth ( 1.3" across flats) If it is a Twin, the locking tab G23/1 available from Spares dealers is a good addition, or Loctite, or both ! If it is a Single take off the kickstart side cover and get a good ring spanner or socket on the nut on that end and do the plot up bloody tight.

Thanks for the info, thats helpful

clevtrev

VOC Member
Twin nut is 1" Whitworth (1.670" across flats), Single is 3/4" Whitworth ( 1.3" across flats) If it is a Twin, the locking tab G23/1 available from Spares dealers is a good addition, or Loctite, or both ! If it is a Single take off the kickstart side cover and get a good ring spanner or socket on the nut on that end and do the plot up bloody tight.
That`s what comes of being down under, ass backwards.