• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Don't Ask, Just Turn Up The SOUND!

BigEd

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I've seen lots of Lister engines running at vintage vehicle festivals but this motorcycle one is a first for me. I like the neat clutch/transmission foot pedal.

vibrac

VOC Member
Not unlike the Cleckheaton monsters that many of us pillaged for their cheap Comet gearboxes

A_HRD

VOC Member
Ah yes! The Lister 'D'. (Made in Dursley, UK). My favourite of all their models. Many are still working for their living all over the world. Solid reliability linked to water pumps and generators, etc. First I've seen powering a motorcycle though!

Peter B (Ex Lister Apprentice)
and Dad - Jack B (Ex Foreman of the Lister Service Repair Department).

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Ah yes! The Lister 'D'. (Made in Dursley, UK). My favourite of all their models. Many are still working for their living all over the world. Solid reliability linked to water pumps and generators, etc. First I've seen powering a motorcycle though!

Peter B (Ex Lister Apprentice)
and Dad - Jack B (Ex Foreman of the Lister Service Repair Department).
What's not to love about an engine that goes, Bloop, Cha, Bloop, Cha, Bloop, Bloop?:)

vibrac

VOC Member
What's not to love about an engine that goes, Bloop, Cha, Bloop, Cha, Bloop, Bloop?:)
Id rather here that tearing calico sound from a big open pipe twin at 4800 upwards blasting up the hill from Coppice at Cadwell.....

vibrac

VOC Member
Here we go (vague memories again ;) ) I seem to recall an MPH when someone with a D rigged up a wine distillery around the side oil tank. It may have been a joke article then again it might have been real.
Anyone else remember it?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Here we go (vague memories again ;) ) I seem to recall an MPH when someone with a D rigged up a wine distillery around the side oil tank. It may have been a joke article then again it might have been real.
Anyone else remember it?
Yes, Vinny Long Legs, The long distance Man, Stuart ---- ?.

vibrac

VOC Member
Our collective memory seems to be working :) now to increase the revs....
was it more than 25 years ago? if so I wont catch it in my MPH 25years old trawl:confused:

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?