Don Partington

Upstreeter

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello...does anyone remember the late Don Partington? I have owned his Shadow MXO 231 for over twenty years. He was a friend and work colleague of my father in the aircraft world and lived at Burton End, right by Stansted Airport. Although he was a member of the VOC, I'm not sure that he was active. He believed in using his bike though, and commuted to Boreham daily where he was latterly a highly talented electrician working at Ford's Rally Dept....having been made redundant by BUA at Stansted he went for an interview at Fords - "and what experience have you had?" "well my last job was the partial re-wire of a Britannia..." - he was hired on the spot!

Although I am in in touch with his daughter, I'd like to hear from anyone who may have known Don and might be able to fill me in on the machine's history. Incidentally this was his second Shadow, bought in the 60's, his earliest purchased new from the factory in the very early fifties. He was a wonderful man, and together with my dad a huge role model with ghastly stories of his career as a wartime submariner to excite an impressionable young lad.