• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Don Partington

Upstreeter

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Hello...does anyone remember the late Don Partington? I have owned his Shadow MXO 231 for over twenty years. He was a friend and work colleague of my father in the aircraft world and lived at Burton End, right by Stansted Airport. Although he was a member of the VOC, I'm not sure that he was active. He believed in using his bike though, and commuted to Boreham daily where he was latterly a highly talented electrician working at Ford's Rally Dept....having been made redundant by BUA at Stansted he went for an interview at Fords - "and what experience have you had?" "well my last job was the partial re-wire of a Britannia..." - he was hired on the spot!

Although I am in in touch with his daughter, I'd like to hear from anyone who may have known Don and might be able to fill me in on the machine's history. Incidentally this was his second Shadow, bought in the 60's, his earliest purchased new from the factory in the very early fifties. He was a wonderful man, and together with my dad a huge role model with ghastly stories of his career as a wartime submariner to excite an impressionable young lad.

Warning! This thread is more than 12yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.