• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

E: Engine Do Big Bore Cylinder Muffs Need Special Head Studs?

ericg

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Hi All,
Well, everything is in the title.
There is no way for the standard ET55/2 studs to go through the holes in my Maughan's Big Bore muff and liner kit as they are to small at 10,9mm.
I've made a quick search but I wasn't able to find mentions of special studs in any of the forums here.
Thanks in advance for any info.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Sounds like Ron's "A" 500 outfit !,
We were coming home from the races and playing Racers, I was Ballast !,
As Ron turned into a roundabout, The front frame snapped and the engine and gearbox went South !,
It made the steering go straight and we finished up in the middle of the roundabout !!,
Great Fun !.

oexing

VOC Member
Eric,
look at my photos in previous page, now is your chance to go for hollow dowel positioning. In my eyes the through stud design is not overly brilliant , you won´t find this on modern machinery. These long through holes in head and muff are no way exact to machine. Instead put components on a mill for DRO aided boring short close fits for dowels like in engine cases. Easy for assembling jobs later. Long spigoted nuts on top are questionable at best for positioning anything - possibly allright for coping with poorly machined bores as you can bolt this up somehow according to typical toolroom principle: " . . . .it´ll be allright . . ."

Vic

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?