ET: Engine (Twin) dkx2a distributor cam

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I don't believe modifying the cam would be difficult, it is the direction of rotation of the shaft that may be, as the advance weights within the unit will not work if that is the case. The shaft in a Vincent distributor would turn clockwise from the drive end.......or anti clock from the cam end.......the cam and rotor should twist in an anti clockwise direction from the cam end with the input shaft held firm. If it twists clockwise, then this will not work on a Vincent. Cheers.......... Greg.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I have just bought the right weights from the "Distributor Doctor " In Devon U.K.
To do the same job.
I have reground the Triumph Twin cam to just a single lift for a Comet.
I just did it by hand.
He does NOT have Vincent Twin Cams .
Thanks to Peter Holmes, West London Section ", For the Information on the Forum.
There is a problem, He says what we call "Clockwise", Is wrong !!.
So you must tell him it's Clockwise from the Drive End.
Google, "The Distributor Doctor ".
Nice Bloke to talk to !.
Cheers Bill.
If you can wait 6 months For " Clev Trev ", To get better after His Long Stay in Hospital,
He may ? be able to regrind the cam ??.

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Half engine speed, So that's 34 deg'.
Who said I didn't go to School ?!.
Know Thy Beast says for a Twin DKX2A 40455A.
Just found my Triumph wrong way body and it's 40449A

Last edited:

stu spalding

VOC Member
The Lucas 18D2 for a Royal Enfield can also be used, with a suitable cam, but it's a bit flimsy compared with the DKX2A. Cheers, Stu.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Did the SparesCo ever look into having them made? Even though they do carry some small volume items, I don't know how many D owners and converts would buy a new cam to justify a batch.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I think the "Distributor Doctor" said if we had a big enough order, He would do them ?.
I can't see why more people don't use them, For me they are the best all round job for a Vincent.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Anyone out there have a spare points cam for a Dolphin setup?
I wonder if they used the same cam, in which case, you could add me to the list.