Dimensions

Alan J

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The metric inch!

When I was a lad, Bruce, the duo-decimal system was the "in thing"-the advantages of a base of 12-very divisible-unlike 10! and the convenience of metric multiplication-however, I could never get my head quite round it!! I now measure my increasing weight in stones-not pounds like you,but measure wood in metres for length but 2"by 4" the other way!! No wonder us "Brits" are confused!!:confused::confused:

Alan J

VOC Member
Hedges e.t.c.

YUP, Bruce-only hand tools and sweat involved!! I didn't know there were so many variations to hedge laying!!:):)

Alan J

VOC Member
Hedges e.t.c.

Yup, only hand tools and sweat -no darn machines, Bruce-didn't know there were so many types of hedge laying!!{I might have sent this twice}:):)

mr.hutch

VOC Member
Brilliant stuff bemetcalf and AlanJ, I love it.

That "Bobsrule" person does'nt know what he's started.
I have before me, a 12" steel rule made by Rabone Chesterman, of the 1950's a realy high quality job and a pleasure to use. One side is graduated in mm and 1/2mm and inches divided into 1/4" 1/8" 1/16" 1/32" 1/64", the other has inches divided into 1/10" 1/20" 1/50" 1/100" and, (seems like Bobsrule), into 1/12" 1/24" 1/48" 1/96.
The person who said "a thing of beauty is a joy for ever", was correct, particulaly if it was made by Rabone's or Moore and Wright of Sheffield!
(or was it Birmingham), no it was Birmigham I've just checked.

go carefully mr.hutch ;)