Dilema

len.c

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have a problem with the magneto , I have a new electronic igntion system,but I can't bring myself to dump the mag in favour of this new fangled electrickery,wot do you reckon?

A_HRD

VOC Member
Ditto that! If you don't want to get stuck somewhere with a dead engine you can't fix, go with Bruce's advice...

Peter B
Bristol, UK
50 years on Vincents, Gold Stars, AJS 7Rs and Nortons with mags - and never NOT got home from a journey....

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Cheeky monkey! Seriously...I like to ride..and I have endured many electronic voltage regulators...and the failure of every one of them...Is being extra careful inappropriate?

Last edited:

A_HRD

VOC Member
Hello Peter, Can you tell us who does your Mag', Cheers Bill.

Sean Hawker ( see www.hawkerelectrical.co.uk ). He is frustratingly slow and disorganised; but he does an extremely high quality job when he eventually gets around to it. Others may disagree - that's why they have a choice to go elsewhere.

I know Len gets his mags done by Sean too (I've met him in the queue on more than one occasion!). I guess that is why he is so fearful of going electronic......(?) Why would he want to? Len?

Peter B
Bristol, UK.