• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Diamond Jubilee or Diamond Dogs

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
I will raise a glass or two to Her Maj on 60 years of Queenship. I was in the UK for the Silver Jubilee and must say it was a brilliant 8 month holiday!!! One of the best summers for yonks, lots of lovelies to show me around quaint woodlands and secluded dells. Oh what memories of that sceptered Isle in 1977. No other country does pageant, street parties and pomp like the UK (or Great Britain as some still insist)....

Chrish

VOC Member
Alyn,

Do you still have those rose coloured spectacles or do you only use them when buying old motorcycles?:cool:

Chris

Albervin

VOC Member
Chis, I actually do have a pair of rose tinted glasses. I also have a pair that say "DON'T PANIC" that I use when skiing!! It is aimed at the people who can see me rather than for my benefit. If you saw me skiing you would understand.. Trust me, 1977 was very special in many respects.

Howard

VOC Member
addition

I will raise a glass or two to Her Maj on 60 years of Queenship. I was in the UK for the Silver Jubilee and must say it was a brilliant 8 month holiday!!! One of the best summers for yonks, lots of lovelies to show me around quaint woodlands and secluded dells. Oh what memories of that sceptered Isle in 1977. No other country does pageant, street parties and pomp like the UK (or Great Britain as some still insist)....

Alyn

Not wishing to be pedantic............. Oh go on then I will................ UK is not Great Britain, GB does not include Northern Ireland, and I'm sure they're just as good as us Brits at parties. Glad you enjoyed 77, 2012 was good too, if you discount the weather. I was going to the Riders Rally. but it was 8 degrees, rained all day (in Stoke) and blew a gail - OK I may be a fine weather motorcyclist, but 200 miles on a motorway in that, just didn't appeal for some reason.
icon9.png

H

Last edited:

Vince Farrell

VOC Member
And the British Isles is altogether a different cup of tea.

Britain is England and Wales, Great Britain is England Wales and Scotland.

The UK and the British Isles are something else again, but this is boring and nothing to do with Vincents.

Howard

VOC Member

The UK and the British Isles are something else again, but this is boring and nothing to do with Vincents.

Typical!! just when we're trying to have and intenational interlectual discussion about geography....................along comes a Yorkshireman!! :)

H

Albervin

VOC Member

Au contraire mon ami. Those of the Vincent owning disposition in Jersey, Guernsey, Skye and Hebrides; not to mention IOM and IOW may disagree.

Warning! This thread is more than 10yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.