Devastating fire at the Top Mountain motorcycle museum at Timmelsjoch, Austria

Vincent Brake

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Sprinkler would do ok in Australia.
Not in Austria.
Nearly the same name.
Big difference in temperature.

But nevertheless, there are systems yes.

In my little workshop all is without power when gone.
Or overnight. Apart from ventilation.
Only downside is empty drill battery...

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I greatly admire their optimism and fortitude, but it is hard to imagine how the museum could return to its former grandeur, the building structure, yes no problem, but how can you replace the virtually irreplaceable exhibits.

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I greatly admire their optimism and fortitude, but it is hard to imagine how the museum could return to its former grandeur, the building structure, yes no problem, but how can you replace the virtually irreplaceable exhibits.
No you can't get them back unfortunately.

erik

VOC Member
@ Vincent : In Holland you open the Dikes and the water will rise to the Roofs of the houses and all fire will be distinguished.Erik
Oder du gehst in den Keller Wasser holen. (Or you go to the basement to get water. Ed.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
@erik
Dass brauchen wir nit. Weil
dem Rhein ist schoen 6 m hoher.... (We don't need that. Because the Rhine is 6 m higher .... Ed)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
i know one (north of france, he has a museum many visited in dutch international leg) who has had this, still after 5 yrs he can not believe water is so thin.....
he is still working on some engines.

so maybe best to put out such a fire with helium??

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
I've always been associated with CO'2 for my engine room & hold fire systems as they have another quality of cooling down the area as the expansion of liquid gas is refrigeration. I've done a lot of cooling of bananas.