Design improvements for the BT-H?

Jim Richardson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
In the service notes from the Trident owners club, somebody has designed a gizmo for stabalising the voltage to the ignition when using the electric foot, Tridents are suseptable because they have 3 coils, which should apparently be 4v, but are frequently 6v. If I can find the circuit I will put it on here, I'm not a electrical type person so there may be loads of reasons why this wont work.

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
the mounting flange being a bit too thick was not a problem as I didn't have any studs to start with- I just made new to suit, however I had to grind a substantial ammount off the top right corner to allow it to move through out the available movement for the timing adjustment slots. The worst feature is certainly the exit of the wiring, I was very reluctant to take the die grinder to my lovely new cases to ensure the wires did not get trapped + cause troubles later on. The post about taping the kill wire to the h-t lead is a quite a familiar trouble associated with all sorts of aftermarket ignitions with classic cars. As the end users we need to keep the producers "up to speed"