Denny Delzer

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I received an email today from Denny's son Jeb, telling me that last Monday Denny was in a crash on his Black Shadow. There is some indication he may have had a front tire deflation but the outcome was a fairly high speed crash into a ditch. Although wearing a helmet he has suffered serious head trauma and is in a coma in hospital. He is becoming less responsive each day and is not expected to survive.

His wife Linda and their family would be very appreciative of your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time

Robert

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Harvey, Ross Laney & myself spent a couple of night with him in his big drive-in garage with our Budget Truck doing the 2016 Route 66 trip, he ended up riding both our "A" Rapide's mine very short 50 yards as it tank slappered him all the way like Mike Tyler's experience. He got rid of that beautiful Egli he had and Patric Godet visited him to put something to rights but his hot rods were really something to see and that Woody.
This kind of news is very upsetting and our thoughts are with Linda, Jeb and any other family.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Irene and I really liked Denny, we're a bit in shock at the moment and need to let this sink in. Here's a photo from the Missoula Rally of Irene and Denny.
image2.jpeg

John

Last edited:

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
Jenny and I are sitting here remembering the 2000 Nth American rally Denny organised in North Dakota. Jenny is by chance even wearing the rally tee shirt today.
Denny was a brilliant host he even took us out and about in "the Woody".
We hope for the best outcome, our thoughts are with Linda and their family.

CarlHungness

VOC Member
The best I can tell you after calling the Stamford Hospital in Bismark, N.D. and the Bismark newspaper (which has
no news of the incident at all) is long-time Vincent enthusiast Denny Delzer is in the ICU unit at the aforementioned
hospital. There was a post on my Facebook page that told of the incident which must have happened in the last 2-3
days and he is in a coma, not expected to survive. I have no more information and can't get any unless a family
member is spoken to.
Surprisingly, the local newspaper has no information whatsoever on his accident, so I have no details to report.
I spoke with a lovely lady in the news-room and she researched a couple of days' papers with no results.
Denny is a long-time Vincenteer, great friends with the late Patrick Godet and known well in VOC circles.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
What a joyful time we had with Denny and a wonderful host. I recall he suffered an illness prior to our meeting him that's why he moved the Egli on.
BROTHER HARVEY DENNY ROSS LANEY
P1050604.jpg

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Damn...Denny loaned me his Godet Egli, then the Busby Egli to ride after my Rapide fell ill on the way to the Cannon Falls rally.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Glenn Bewley just posted this:

Glenn Bewley
1 hr
I had been called a couple days ago by the friend who was riding with Dennis Delzer this past Monday when he came off his bike. I am sad to report that I’ve just recieved another call to be told that Dennis passed this morning at about 4:30.
Dennis had suffered from Trigeminal Neuralgia these last few years, and had fought it and gotten a new lease. In the last few years he had been, when possible, living as large as imaginable, and especially with his motorcycles. He had gotten a Rapide again, then built his big bore Shadow and recently a Combat Commando, all of which he was super enthusiastic about and riding a lot.
The day of the accident he was on the big engine Shadow and according to his riding partner, they were on a straight and smooth piece of tarmac and he suddenly went down. It appears to have been a blowout of his front tire that took him down.
He was conscious when he went down, but with some fractures and pain. His brain ended up swelling which ultimately took him.
Dennis was always a nice guy, and really did love his Vincents in particular along with the people associated with them. As a matter of fact, he was supposed to ride the Commando that day but changed his mind at the last minute.
Please keep his family in your thoughts.
Glenn Bewley