Dennis Minett

Gene Nehring

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Being a Jr member ;)

I have been reading allot of old MPH mags and learning the history of our club.

Dennis Minett's name comes up from time to time and I have been looking for further reading about the man. I was wondering if any one had the opportunity to meet him or has any memories of him?

I am also curious to know if our friends in the Victoria, Australia Section still sell copies of his "Notes" book.

Cheers,

Gene.

Gene Nehring

VOC Member

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
I think that the last link in Trevor's post has the bulk of the important Vincent Factory photos. The Special Engine Department did not last too long, unfortunately.

David

I have read a little about him and he seemed like such an interesting person. I was hoping that maybe some people would have stories of meeting him or memories of him.

I hope to find a copy of his note book for my collection of Vincent books. I have a signed copy of Motorcycle Engineering by Phil Irving and like collecting books associated with Vincents.

Eugene.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
We at Vincents called it the Lightning shop! I worked in there for a few months, then John Surtees worked there he was there until he left Vincents, when Denis left it was taken over by Jack Lazenby with Bill Bruce. and when Ted Davis was made head the three of them built the prototype D 1954 in that area Fiber glass smell and all

litnman

VOC Member
Is Bill Bruce still with us? Some time ago there was mention of a Ted Davis memoirs in the works, anyone want to comment on that?