Daytona 200 2014

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello David, Can you do Moto GP ? I can't get it on my TV this year !! Cheers Bill.

Bill,

I don't see any easy way to to Moto GP. You can get it on the inter net, but they want money. Sometimes the race shows up on YouTube if someone who subscribes posts it.

The AMA is using a new format that allows you to see their races live or on video. It is free and it covers the AMA Pro road racing, Flat Track and some NASCAR, but that may be of interest only to those in the USA. That is how I got the Daytona video. It is quite a nice feature as it was difficult in the past to see these races on cable TV, much like the problem you are having with Moto GP. Here is the site for anyone interested in the AMA Pro series:

http://www.fanschoice.tv/

There is another site that lists races that is for the US crowd, but it includes the official sites of all the organizations. They are in the left margin. It is mostly useful in telling me which races I can't see. There might be a similar site for the UK.

http://www.tvracer.com/

Fox has the rights in the US to Moto GP, so it is televised here. I will look around after the race to see if it shows up anywhere.

David

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hello David, Can you do Moto GP ? I can't get it on my TV this year !! Cheers Bill.
BT Sport have the broadcasting rights to MotoGP in 2014 so with the demise of MotoGP broadcast in the UK by the BBC and Eurosport I had to decide how much I wanted to watch MotoGP this year. I decided that it is bike racing and I do want to watch it so I would have to pay. I added BT Sport to my Sky TV package. The coverage is almost overwhelming with every second of every lap of practice, qualifying and racing for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 classes. There are also lots of interviews with the racers and notable motorcycle people and the subscription also allows me to watch it online on my laptop if I wish with gizmos showing statistics, etc.
All is not lost if you can't access BT Sport. ITV4 are showing a one hour highlights show for just the MotoGP race at 8.00 pm on Monday evening.:)

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Thanks David, Some good stuff on your web sites, Thanks Ed, I didn't see that about monday pm, I have a Rubbish Pension ! I can't go to all this flash stuff with Sky etc. In the UK we have to pay £145 for a TV licence ! thats bad enough. Many Thanks, Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
So long as I can see the IOM and a few Irish Road races I wont cry to miss the pantomime of the Moto GP
And the best racing of all (Big Wheel three wheelers at the BHRC is never televised)

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Vibrac, If you watch one of Davids video's, Where Rossi wins !! Even I didn't think he would win, And I watched it last year !! Cheers Bill.