• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Daytona 1989 or 1990 ???

nahma

Active Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
My fathers' Norvin ran a few demo laps on the course at Daytona (John Long was the rider) with a Vincent from England that was going to be in that weekends "Super Twin" race. Does anyone remember this and do any photos exist? Thanks, Keith

Last edited:

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
No help with that, but it reminded me of seeing Tom Wegman's Egli and Norvin and Rod Franzius' B Shadow running in Battle of the Twins in '82 or so.

Somer may have the pix you need.

Bill Cannon

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
I really don't know, but could have been the late Ian Hamilton. I believe he took his BOTT special to Daytona once and that date would be about right.

Warning! This thread is more than 11yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.