David Bowen: First Black Shadow

Comet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
give it a good thrashing as it was intended for. Of course that's not the Basil Fawlty type of thrashing.

That really does depend. There has been several occasions when if I had of being carrying a gun I would have shot it! There have of course been more occasions where if it drank, I would take it to the pub! Once the outfit packed up and left me just off the M25 waiting fora recovery truck. The sun was shining and several people stopped for a chat. I didn't know that day whether to shoot it or have a pint with it.

John

vibrac

VOC Member
I think the answer is "terminology." JRO 102 was 138 digits earlier than Somer's Shadow. I assume that JRO 102 was built as a demonstrator for the press and was not immediately for sale. Something similar could apply to the Flashes. There was the Prototype, the Eppynt racer and at least one show model. So, the first production bike was not the first, second or third, etc. Just a guess, though.

David

No! I'm sparticus..

G

Graham Smith

David's right. As far as I understand it, Bob's was the Black Shadow 'prototype' whilst Somer's is the first 'Production' one.

I wonder if there were more than one prototype built?

Somer

VOC Member
It was the first with frame number. Only place B is used as a suffix. JRO102 had it in the engine number only.