Dave Jones where are you now?

mr.hutch

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I became engaged in a conversation today with a lady in Morrisons car park Hadleigh, Suffolk, who not only showed an interest in my outfit, but told me also that she had been involved with sprinting Vincents etc., some years ago as a passenger for Dave Jones, on as she said various American air bases at that time. ( 1950s - 60s)
She was sure that Dave had moved from London to Suffolk some time in the last ten years or so hence her approach to me in the car park thinking I was said person, but has lost contact and would like to get back in touch.

Can anybody help with information re. Dave and his history as he seemed to be a very keen Vincent driver by her accounts.

Go carefully Mr Hutch

nkt267

VOC Member
Please be careful putting Members in touch with old friends..Get the member to contact the person who is looking for them as you could be in breach of the data protection act by passing on Members details..They also may not want to contact the person looking for them..john

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Lowestoft..Talk to Len...john

Dave Jones still has quite a collection of Vincents including his racing outfit. Nowadays he is heavily involved with the East Anglian Transport Museum near Lowestoft. For several past seasons Dave has kindly arranged free admission for Vincent riders at the Museum's vintage events which has provided a most enjoyable day out for local members. Apart from Dave's commitment to the Museum, he has been slowly restoring a prewar Guilford bus which we are told has a Lycoming engine-a name I normally associate with aircraft.