F: Frame Egli Damper Length

Otto

Forum User
VOC Member
Which rear damper length is recommended on a standard Egli frame with 19" rear wheel (90 Kg driver, standard road use only, no racing)? I am interested in a pair of IKON dampers. Which type will fit best?
Thank you.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I suggest you contact the Godet works first. They should be able to assist. Otherwise send an e-mail to Geoff at IKON. He is always helpful.

davidd

VOC Member
I am not sure what a standard Egli frame means, but from memory, the twin shock early Egli frames used 13"shocks. I would follow @Albervin 's advice.

David

Paul Coene

VOC Member
Which rear damper length is recommended on a standard Egli frame with 19" rear wheel (90 Kg driver, standard road use only, no racing)? I am interested in a pair of IKON dampers. Which type will fit best?
Thank you.
On my Godet Egli, the rear shocks are Maxton. The springs are 180 mm long. I hope this helps.

vibrac

VOC Member
I grabbed what I thought were the Egli Units when I rebuilt the Egli Comet (in 1000 frame) last winter but they were 12" (300mm) and were too short here is a picture with them on (and the line I drew at the time) I had to buy new ones! it doesnt look too bad but the chain could caress the SA pivot. One day I will get to get some shake down runs on it....
1586077120319.jpeg