• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

D.R. Johnson or XJO 449 history?

Deroberson

Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Greetings All!

I am searching for any known history of man or machine.

My machine, 1955 Open D Black Shadow was last registered to a D.R. Johnson of 1 Dolphin Street, Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire.

The bike was shipped to the states in 1969. I have spoken with Vince Farrell and Gordon Powell, unfortunately no information was found.

I thought I would see if anyone on the forum may have some information.

OK, additional photo of the last tax disc in the UK added. Is the date of issue the 21st of Aug or 22nd or do these numbers mean something else?

Cheers
David
DSC_0169.jpgBoice.jpgIM002358.jpg

Last edited:

A-BCD

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Date stamp appears to be 22nd MAY, I think you could get 3, 4, 6 or 12 months road tax in the 1960s - AUG 68 would be the expiry on 31st August, so could be a tax disc for 3 months ?

Warning! This thread is more than 12yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.