Where Are You Now? Crusty Comet

Gene Nehring

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Where are you now crusty comet. This bike was my inspriration as a young teenager in Auckland, New Zealand. I saw it at the Pukekohe Races and thought I really want a Vincent. I remember the owner had ridden it a good distance to get to the races.

Does anyone in NZ know of the bike? Where is it now?

Best,

Eugene.
Scan 2018-11-10 09.20.33.jpg

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
No. It belongs to Rod Dunshea who resides up North. Rod currently competes on his Egli twin which like his Comet has been owned for a long time.

Please pass along my regards. His bike was the start of a life long love of Vincents. I would like to meet up with a few Vincent guys when I am next home.

passenger0_0

Non-VOC Member
Will do Eugene.
PM me when you're next in Auckland if you want to catch up. Rod will probably be racing his Egli at the next classic festival in February.

Vince Farrell

VOC Member
No. It belongs to Rod Dunshea who resides up North. Rod currently competes on his Egli twin which like his Comet has been owned for a long time.

If this is Rod's bike, he's had it as far back as the mid-70s when I was in NZ. It's also got an interesting pedigree, I'm surprised by the 'VINCENT' timing cover.
Ian McCully did own a Single of similar very early vintage, but not at the same time. Was in his possession when he tragically died in London.

Vince Farrell