PR: Proprietary Items Craven rack dimensions and drawings

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I received the BMW rack pictured above today and it appears that the two mounting bars are closer than others I have seen for Vincent (8").
This rack will require the Craven seat arms to be run inside the seat mounts to keep them narrow .
The two forward jutting tubes do not clear the Vincent seat, but could be heated and bent out 1"each side to clear, other wise I will cut them off as expected.
Nice condition, probably paint black

2ActualDimBMW_DRack.jpg

craig

VOC Member
I used Paint Shop Pro software to model the new straps on my B. I have forgotten the B RFM is shorter, so I may have to adjust plans for the Craven seat bars.
CravenStudy5.jpg

craig

VOC Member
it appears the drawing , on the previous page of this thread, of seat bar #212 ...is totally incorrect with angles!
And it, the drawing, appears to be labeled and dated as a factory drawing.
So the 38, 28, 50 degrees are not in the correct locations and the bar drawing was altered to force fit these angles.
later
Craig

craig

VOC Member
I am requesting any early documents from Craven on mounting their "V" rack please.
I have one instruction book, but need more.
I now have a Craven "V" rack, in progress with some doubt.
Instruct3.jpg

craig

VOC Member
Also, what do the holes in the Craven V rack provide for? It would appear it has something to do with top box mounting......and I have seen reference to quick release mounting of all three luggage pieces. Pictures? Drawings? text?
CravenVRackHoles.jpg

craig

VOC Member
here is some of the hardware included with my "V" Craven rack. bead blasted and wire brushed.
My rack is not posted in above pictures, but mine looks to me to be exactly same.

I have 6 sets of bronze oilite bushings & washers on order, just shipped today USA/USA. (http://www.bronzebushings.com/)
I bead blasted all pieces but took off small Craven badges first...need to rivet back on.
The four 5/16 holes all have good BSF threads.
Looks like I will have to make 1¼ 5/16 bolts ...partially threaded to get best support.
I might have to put rack in a press to get it perfect flat, it is about 3/16 out right now on top, maybe 1/2 between V bottoms.
CravenRackHdw1.jpg