PR: Proprietary Items Craven rack dimensions and drawings

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I would like to fab up a Craven rack, but rather than guess at the dimensions and material sizes, I thought I would ask for help here at VOC please.
There are plenty of photos on the web . Here are a couple photos from eBay sale years ago.
What is the material dimensions of the parallel seat straps?
If the short offset tabs adjoining these long straps to the rear seat tabs are inline with seat stays, it seems
the bolts/nuts might rub the seat stays.
Are there drawings of these Craven rack pieces available?
Are there instruction sheets from the era specifically on Vincent fitment available?
Cheers
Craig

TopAndSideCravenRack.jpg

craig

VOC Member
Here is another photo of a completed rack that I am wanting to fabricate.
I do realize that there are far more desirable, useable, friendly, safer, stronger, prettier, racks for Vincent use.
I am looking only at classic Vincent Craven.
CravenRackUsed1.jpg

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
Craig I have a set of plans for the Craven system and will send them along if you send a personal message with your address.

Best Eugene.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Craig,
I've got a set of drawings Albervin sent me recently, in PDF, if you would like them. According to those drawings the material is 1/4" thick and 3/4" wide.
Steven

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
A big THANK YOU to Eugene and Steven for taking time to supply drawings, notes, brochures.
I pasted, cleaned up, edited, expanded what I now have and here is the second. This is pretty tall, I am not sure it will load.
Dated 1971, the running dimensions are down the centerline of each strap.
View attachment 13316

Craig,

I got a copy from an eBay seller who sold me a single arm. That particular lady is the real Champ in my opinion.

Mail is on its way.

Eugene.

craig

VOC Member
Acting in haste, I just purchased a rusty rack for a BMW off eBayUSA.
Looks to be suitable....maybe shine it up and sell if not.
If it fits, I am thinking bead blast and rattle can black.
I am heading for Lowes to purchase 1/4 x 3/4 steel strap.
I am thinking Army surplus container for an immediate top box....upgrade to Craven Snowdon later.
Not planning on burning my fingers or seat upholstery with red hot steel strap, but we will see........
1.jpg