CRASH card scheme

Jeff Bowen

New Forum User
VOC Member
The CRASH card scheme that was set up by the Ambulance Motorcycle Club. The scheme is for motorcyclists to keep an information card in the lining of their crash helmet with a small green sticker on the rhs of the helmet. The idea is that if you are unfortunately involved in an accident and you are unconscious the paramedics have instant information about you and so speed up the treatment.The card has the following information:
Name......DoB......Blood Group......Phone No.......Post Code........Medication.......Medical History
Could this be something for the Club to organise or should it be left to the individual? Currently you can only join at a Biker Event.
Jeff Bowen
MidGlos

John Cone

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Jeff
I think it's a good idea. Until recently when i changed my helmet I had a sticker which said "In case of an accident do not remove this helmet unless you are a trained medic". I bought it in my local M/cycle shop, alas you can't seem to get them anymore.

notap

Non-VOC Member
Yep, a good idea. *My wife also suggested the following for my helmet "Warning: the contents of this helmet may scare small children"

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Good idea. I witnessed an M/C accident about 30 years ago and had to keep the other bystanders from taking the guy's helmet off. As far as blood type, in the US, the medics never trust the info and always test your blood before giving you a transfusion. The rest is good though.

vibrac

VOC Member
Ben got me a couple of American army type tags. its mandatory with name when racing, (including the fact I am allegic to penicillin) one tag on the chain has another small loop of chain-whats that I asked him
"Oh thats for the big toe when your in the morgue..."

len.c

Non-VOC Member
Hi Jeff,my mate Jethro had a helmet with a sticker like yours (do not remove helmet unless you are a trained medic) he was very lucky,after he'd had it on for three weeks a paramedic moved in next door to him and he was able to get him to take it off for him. (tic) Len.c