ET: Engine (Twin) Crank Roller Bearing Sizes ET92 & ET94

Rob H

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Anyone know what the main shaft and timing side roller bearing specs, model numbers are?

I see you can fit a wider 3/4" ET92 over the standard 5/8" using a thinner spacer ET19 Spacer.
Does anyone know if you can use the 3/4" ET92 on the timing side or have to use the 5/8" roller bearing?

craig

VOC Member
EngineCrossSectionCrankColorNoT.jpg

davidd

VOC Member
Anyone know what the main shaft and timing side roller bearing specs, model numbers are?

I see you can fit a wider 3/4" ET92 over the standard 5/8" using a thinner spacer ET19 Spacer.
Does anyone know if you can use the 3/4" ET92 on the timing side or have to use the 5/8" roller bearing?

MRJ1JC3 RHP bearing (ET92) is the usual replacement. 2.5" OD, 1" ID and 3/4" wide, but the outer race needs to be ground down to a width of 5/8". I assume that the supplier or another machine shop has been asked to do this for the Club Spares Co.

I have never run a roller bearing, but it appears from the drawing that there is room for a 5/8" wide bearing only on the timing side. The original bearings work quite well. Installing a ball bearing would seem to prevent the inclination for the crank to move, but that is usually a rare problem.

David

Cyborg

VOC Member
The local shaman told me the outer race can be turned down in a lathe with a carbide cutter. I was surprised how easily it cut and it did it without any fuss.