Crank Case Oil Leak

Tom Gaynor

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I picked up a copy of "Kit Car" in a waiting room. One page had ads for SPEEDFLOW - the suppliers of breather PCV's of which I've bought three, but whose name I can never remember. They have a website, are in Bristol. Next to that is an ad for coil-over adjustable dampers, from protech, "hand-built to ANY size, who are in wiltshire, and also have a website. Other pages advertise exact replicas of chronometric speedometers and rev-counters. Dozens of lovely items that would come in really handy if you were doing a job that needed such an item...vade retro, satan.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
"exact replicas of chronometric speedometers and rev-counters."

Did you note the name of the vendor for sharing with your amigos around the world?

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
What kind of friend asks questions that require me to stir off my lazy ass? And leaf through a 280 page magazine? Finding other stuff that would be really useful etc, etc? Before reaching www.EuropaSpares.com? Or www.etbinstruments.com?
Selling really neat stuff? That I can't (won't) afford?
I know that what I ought to do is borrow money I can't afford to pay back, to buy sh*t I don't need, to revive the economy. Every UK "newspaper" advises this course of action: bankers f*cked it, it's up to us to save it. But, call me a bad citizen, try next door.

Anyway, Bruce, I digress.

Warning: although I suspect input to these instruments is electronic, they aren't cheap. Smiths instruments for a Shelby Cobra (kit car, $14.95, real thing $14.95gazillion) are from £36.64 each, inclusive of VAT. What a rip-off for something that in their small pix looks very much like a Shadow clock...
It says that they'll tailor make them to suit, and list options: different colo(u)red pointers, sweeping left or right. The crux is likely to be that they are for cars, and two-cylinder cars are rare.
See what you think.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Not much applicability to twins, so you must have auto-edited what needed to be shared. The 14,000 rpm tacho intrigues me, although even with a one piece crank, I might only use it once.