• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

G: Gearbox Cracked G4 final drive shaft

TouringComet

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
The bike lost the ability to shift into fourth gear. I opened up the gearbox, and the double gear G11 won't slide off the G4 final drive shaft. I see 5 cracks.

G4Crack.JPG

Albervin

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
When I assemble a motor or gearbox I use a product called Xcel plus. https://xcelplus.com.au/products.htm
It seems to do the job it is supposed to. Over thirty years ago it was called something different and then there was a big corporate bunfight over the formula. Basically SUPER slippery dipper product that puts a microfilm on surfaces. I know a lot of professional racers use it and are not allowed to say so due to advertising, sponsorship etc. Check it out for yourself.

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?

The Mighty Garage Videos

List of Forum Categories