Coventry Section Stand at Founder's Day

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
If you have not going North for the Scottish Camping weekend this coming Sunday, July 24th then perhaps you might like to try VMCC Founder’s Day at Stanford Hall, nr. Rugby. The weather forecast is quite good and the Coventry Section will be having their usual stand. Please come along and say hello and if you are on your Vincent come and park it with us and leave your kit while you have a look round the stalls, etc. It is a good day out in the Midlands with lots of bikes and an autojumble.

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
It was good to meet and talk at length with David Bowen at Founder's Day. He is sprightly and eloquent 78 year old who is still full of enthusiasm for the Vincent marque.
Thanks to everyone who brought along their Vincent machines. I very much enjoyed meeting new people and having chance to talk to them about their machines. I had a very interesting conversation with Norman Lord about the mods he'd done to make his twin into a super tourer. We eventually had so many machines on display that we overflowed into the adjoining plot. As always our machines created much interest and comment from the 5-6000 people attending the event.
E. Mids organiser Andrew Walker even did an impromptu maintenance demo of how to change an ET189 rocker oil feed washer on Kim's outfit to further entertain the crowds.

Good weather, good venue, great company.

miked

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Agreed, a smashing day out - thanks to everyone involved.
I remembered on the way I'd forgotten to pack a piece of wood for my stand, but no problem, there was one waiting for me along with helping hands to help park the bike.
A special thanks to Eddy for getting me going again, it starts first kick normally - Honest!

Mike