Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Graham Smith

Herts. and Beds. Section meetings are now cancelled until further notice.

G

Graham Smith

North Kent Section's All Fools Meet and fortnightly meetings now cancelled until further notice.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Naturally we are all thinking about immediate effects but long term I can see the total end of large scale retail (i see that Amazon are recruiting like mad to keep up with demand) and more important to us the eradication of pubs and roadside eating houses, where will we stop and meet for rides and meetings?
Happy Days! now back into the workshop

Sakura

Non-VOC Member
Naturally we are all thinking about immediate effects but long term I can see the total end of large scale retail (i see that Amazon are recruiting like mad to keep up with demand) and more important to us the eradication of pubs and roadside eating houses, where will we stop and meet for rides and meetings?
Happy Days! now back into the workshop
I do share some of your concerns, short term. A lot of businesses are going to contract or fail completely through no fault of their own. However, wherever there's a business opportunity, someone will take it up. Long term it will all work out but not without short term pain.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Vincent are you stuck the wrong side of the border. Mine changes when in France. My daughter is in France and we left Wednesday with kids at school, now schools are shut. Saturday evening they had to close both the restaurants, Monday they went in and secured the fridges of food and took home another fridge to put all the perishables in, that they took from the restaurants now if they are caught out on the road without a good reason there is a 1500 EURO fine. She says if their alarm goes off at the establishments she will go into town as it could be looters. Where will it stop !!!!????

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
VOC Coventry Section: Our secretary has sent the message below to our local email list:

"Hi All, It is unfortunate to say but it will definitely be for the best that we have decided to postpone our Friday night meetings at the Reading Rooms forthwith, until such time that it is decided that meetings in public are considered safe to do so and "Business As Usual" can be resumed.
Rather than just go quiet and I can assure you that we will be back if you have any interesting stories, pictures or amusing items that you would like to circulate amongst the members then please drop me a line. Please nothing that could be misinterpreted, just something to keep us keen and longing for those bright summer evenings and weekend runs.

All the best, Alan U."

Status
Not open for further replies.