Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I fear this is just the beginning. Here in Australia ALL meetings of more than 500 people have been banned.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
I fear this is just the beginning. Here in Australia ALL meetings of more than 500 people have been banned.
Vincent Riders Victoria (VRV) today cancelled ALL future VRV events till such time as the COVID-19 emergency invoked by the Australian Government is declared over

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
What restrictions may be in place due to the Corona pandemic will depend on where you live.
The committee of the Coventry Section VOC in the UK have discussed whether we should continue our normal Friday evening meetings at Berkswell village Reading Rooms, near Coventry. The rooms are used by other groups during the day and early evening, e.g daytime nursery, early evening children's dance class before we arrive at 8.00 pm. Alan, our secretary has sent out the message below to our section mailing list.

"Hi All, on the news, in the papers and at work we are made aware of the procedures to reduce or eliminate the possibility of becoming infected with Covid 19. I had not really considered our section meetings as being at risk but on discussing the issue we realise that primarily we have no control over other users of the Reading Rooms or what control measures are in place to address this. As a section we have a mutual responsibility for each others safety and so it is therefore recommended that although we will open up tomorrow you are more than welcome to have the option to remain at home in order to avoid contact with others. As soon as we receive any further instruction, I will let you know.

Regarding Loz's talk on Himalayas by Motorcycle, it has been decided to postpone for the time being until such time that we can ensure that attendance will be back to normal.

All the best, Alan U."

hrdaustria

VOC Member
good morning,
sorry vincent to see the virus spoiling your holidays here in wagrain. yesterday evening our government decided to close all skiing resorts in whole austria, all hotels have to close latest on monday. had a sort of hotspot in ischgl in tyrol with a explosive growing figure of people infected - so that´s the reaction.
i´ll carry on with our exhaust system and we´ll keep in touch via phone and mail.

a warning to all: we may get to the point to have to cancel this year´s austrian rally. we´ll have to watch how the situation is carrying on and decide whatever fact are showing up.

michi

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
I should be on the plane to Salzburg right now on my way to Maria Alm, but cancelled due to closure of the whole of Salzburgerland. Cases in both Maria Alm and nearby Saalbach-Hinterglem.
I'll just have to go for a ride instead!

Good luck everyone, we're probably all in the high risk group!

Cheers Bill

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
But no
Guts no
Glory.

I think going Norway.
But might be held on the party boat for a fortnight.
Not bad also.

Btw.

@Graham;
Altough i understand ur change of this thread s name. I started.

I don't like it.

Feels a bit like my old skool teacher....

Its a Forum.
We more or less accept whats going on.
As long as we do no swearing and such.

Maybe u change it back.

No explanations needed.

Cheers

V

G

Graham Smith

@Vincent Brake

I only changed the name of your thread, as I needed a 'public' thread where members could post info re the Coronavirus thing, and your existing thread fitted the bill perfectly.

I really didn't want to start another thread for what was essentially the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.