Corona lockdown - what can you do with your time ?

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Bored out your brains, don't know what to do with your time - get your machine checked out with the Machine dating service.

Just click on this link HERE.

Please make sure you include good clear photographs of the relevant numbers.

Why not consult our Machine Registrar and Machine Researcher if you want to find about a bike that you own, or are thinking of buying?

For any queries related to registration, engine numbers, frame numbers or buying a Vincent motorcycle, the only Club Officials who have access to all the Factory (Works) Records up to 1954 (including dispatch records) and worldwide ownership details gathered by the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club since 1948 are the Machine Registrar and Machine Researcher.

Never rely on Certificates of Authenticity or Dating Certificates issued years ago, nor information provided by sellers. You should always satisfy yourself that you know what you're buying before you bid/buy. Always do your own due diligence.

If you want to know whether a machine is 'as it left the factory' or you require a certificate for UK DVLA purposes, please get in touch with the Machine Registrar and Machine Researcher. (Please note that in some cases there may be a fee.)

ufm frame example.jpg

rfm frame example.jpg

HRD example.jpg

Twin crankcase mating example.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
bored?
4 bikes to build and if its too cold
I have a 18"X18"X18" box full and overflowing with photos all need digitising I have just got to the 1999 IOM Rally
and then there is the tiding up :D only down side they have shut the rubbish tips!

Canadiancomet

VOC Member
I have set aside a space in the corner of the shop for swap meet/get rid of items. I am literally going through all my boxes, drawers, shelves etc and then I ask myself," Why am I saving this????" The answer is probably, had that dream ah bike once...now it's off to the swap meet bin...Maybe lucrative ,I don't know but I have the time, so it's a little refreshing to purge a bit....Keeping my," Have Gun Will Travel" , Derringer though, got that for Christmas in '58..

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Want something to do?

Visit the Oz Vincent Review web site https://ovr270.wixsite.com/ozvincentreview where :-

1. You can sign up for a free OVR subscription

2. You can access the OVR archive with over 6 years of back copies - right back to #1. All available to read and/or download (and that will fill in a week or three of reading time!)

3. Send feedback direct to me as OVR editor

ALSO as OVR content mainly comes from its readers, the silver lining in all of this is that you many now have sufficient time on your hands to put a article together for inclusion in OVR. Include photos if you wish. don't be too concerned about your writing skills as (only) if needed I can do the editors bit!

Martyn

Chris Launders

VOC Member
I have set aside a space in the corner of the shop for swap meet/get rid of items. I am literally going through all my boxes, drawers, shelves etc and then I ask myself," Why am I saving this????" The answer is probably, had that dream ah bike once...now it's off to the swap meet bin...Maybe lucrative ,I don't know but I have the time, so it's a little refreshing to purge a bit....Keeping my," Have Gun Will Travel" , Derringer though, got that for Christmas in '58..
Good idea, I've often said a couple of us should get together and have an autojumble stall, our main problem will be not going looking for more stuff !!

Bob P

Active Forum User
VOC Member
The Spares Company is open.
You have a couple of months to do or start that project.
We can look at an extra discount if you place a large order.
Please order online, or email if you can, we only have one staff member in at a time, so time on the phone reduces our picking, packing and despatch time available.
Bob

Cyborg

VOC Member
ALSO as OVR content mainly comes from its readers, the silver lining in all of this is that you many now have sufficient time on your hands to put a article together for inclusion in OVR. Include photos if you wish. don't be too concerned about your writing skills as (only) if needed I can do the editors bit!
Martyn

Like an article on how to make a KVF TT knockoff?