E: Engine Copper Crush Gaskets

Dynamiteboss

Active Forum User
VOC Member
When I purchased my ‘51 Black Shadow out of 30+ years of storage, it came with copper crush washers under the valve adjustment & inspection covers, plus various other places. Does anyone have a current source and size for these? USA preferred, but open for suggestions.

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I don’t remember how long ago I bought them, but I have some copper washers that I bought from Coventry Spares. Take a look at their Vincent parts list.

Click the download link in the center of their main web page.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It could be an exhaust gasket that fitted a long gone model once prolific now rare

Last edited:

Dynamiteboss

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thank you all for the thoughts. I have searched the internet, but the only ones I come across are for aviation and are not as wide, as measured across the flat section. I just happen to like the looks of the copper under the inspection caps.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
For over fifty years I've used "O" rings in aluminium bands turned up on my lathe this keeps the "O" ring squeezing to a minimum and the cap embossing at a readable angle. Nothing worse than seeing Vincent and HRD logos upside-down !!!!! If you like the copper look get a copper pipe of suitable dimension and have turned up, I too like the colour of metals as I have an adversity to paint hence brass headlamps and silencers and pipe work left to natural colure or s/s stays.

Last edited: