Cooper in California

Joshua Mackay-Smith

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
...actually, I'm not certain that the Cooper is in California or whether Bator International is the seller or is listing it on the seller's behalf, but there it is in any case.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Joshua,
Thanks for posting. Did you read some of the comments on the BAT site? I just read them and laughed. Worried about what class it would be eligible for:rolleyes:. If I could I'd it buy just to blast around the neighborhood.:D If an Ariel Atom is legal on the road I don't see why that wouldn't be.
Steven

davidd

VOC Member
It looks like a nice car. A MK6 sold in 2011 for about half the price, although it is hard to keep up with these things. The eligibility is a big issue if you want to race, but I would guess that you would not have an issues. SCCA and the historic clubs usually only require an original frame plate as a threshold issue, which it has. I don't see too many upgrades except the silencers, which would be appreciated or more likely removed. Modern carbs are often allowed. I would love to build one from scratch, but it would not be eligible for anything.

kgrhqvpue-q8vs5zbqllcmsow60_57.jpg

David