Conways Honda Clutch Plates?

minivin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Good Afternoon,

Does anyone know what Honda the Conways clutch conversion for a Burman box comes out of? I seem to have screwed the friction material by using the wrong oil and need to order new plates ASAP.

Minivin

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Honda plates

Hi Minivin.
As far as I'm aware its an obsolete Honda CJ350. You should still be able to get replacement EBC plates, but take one of your shot ones in to and good bike dealer, and they should be able to match it for you...

Neil

minivin

VOC Member
Hi Minivin.
As far as I'm aware its an obsolete Honda CJ350. You should still be able to get replacement EBC plates, but take one of your shot ones in to and good bike dealer, and they should be able to match it for you...

Neil

Evening Neil,

I've done a little bit of searching and the photo's I have seen of CJ360 clutches seems to back this up, I'll give it a shot!

Much appreciated

Rob Vincent

overthehill

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
one problem with Honda is that they change their designs year on year - I bought a Honda clutch at an autojumble for £10 which I fitted to my Vin - I was told it was from a cb500 however i did not get the year.
When i tried to buy new plates the local honda dealer couldnt help - i even photocopied a plate and sent it to various suppliers but they all came back with the same reply - there are so many variations that it is impossible to tell without an engine number.
A lesson learned - at the moment the clutch is ok but eventually when it needs new plates i will probably have to start again - this time getting an engine number. - hopefully, knowing Honda quality, this will be many years away.

minivin

VOC Member
I am pretty much 90% happy that the 360 parts should be ok, I have done some research and the CJ360, early CB350 and later CB360, as well as the early CB250 all use the same clutch. Later models as I remember from my rancid CB250N Superdream have the next generation of clutch that is an outside release, rather than the internal pushrod release that these clutches are.

minivin

VOC Member
I hear Colin is out of the country at present, but suffice to say the new plates arrived today, fitted and the clutch no longer slips! :cool: