Continuing the question of Bike Ramps - anyone had experience of L and L Imports?

daveinnola

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
the thing i have found out about bike ramps is one size does not fit all , first of all is the question is how long will the transporter that you intend to use will last then as most vincent owners are not in the best of shape ( i have seen the meeting pictures ) so a hand operated power:cool: winch should come before picking the "best" ramp

VincentShadow

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
bike lifts

Hello I bought one at Stafford show couple years back maybe I got a bad one it will not stay up over night from day one the front "anchor" bolts have bent you can not put a vin on the back stand because it is to short
Ihave two other lifts from machine mart one for 9 yrs the other 8yrs never had any problems with any of them even 1 stays outside in all weathers from new I bought the L&L lift because it is a sissor type and goes straight up in a confinde space but the quality ???? I had stronger bolts in my meccano set

ron

F

Flatout

L&L

I bought one from L+L in October. Mine creeps down as the seals on the hydraulic ram are leaking. The problem is that there are so many on the market I found it difficult to decide which one to buy. Reading the comments on the forum I wish I had gone for a Sealey!

Dave.....

Hello I bought one at Stafford show couple years back maybe I got a bad one it will not stay up over night from day one the front "anchor" bolts have bent you can not put a vin on the back stand because it is to short
Ihave two other lifts from machine mart one for 9 yrs the other 8yrs never had any problems with any of them even 1 stays outside in all weathers from new I bought the L&L lift because it is a sissor type and goes straight up in a confinde space but the quality ???? I had stronger bolts in my meccano set

ron

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Uggh - wish you'd posted two weeks ago......

Doesn't sound too good - I do hope I have more luck. The quality of build seems good on mine, strong bolts and substantial plate gauge.

I did buy the larger model - so the Vincent fits perfectly with space to spare on length (see Forum Photos).

Barry now sells spare seal kits - so the chance is there to fix the problems I guess.

Did you try and have him fix it for you when it did not work properly? Be interested to hear any comments on the after sales service you got.

Cheers

Stuart