Continuing the question of Bike Ramps - anyone had experience of L and L Imports?

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi All,

There has been a bit of chat about bike ramps and I've been given the go-ahead to buy one as my Christmas Present.

I rather like the look of the L and L imports products (seen them at Stafford a few times), they look well constructed and well finished. See http://www.easy-lifts.com

Has anyone had any experience dealing with them, what are the products like and would you recommend them?

I don't like the look of the easyrizer product, I am lucky enough to have spave for a proper ramp but want one that will hold the Vincent or Harley (over 400kgs fully loaded) secure. I've looked at the Sealey version and also a couple of other internet options including the ones suggested on the Forum - subject to some feedback I think I am settled on the L and L product.

Comments and thoughts welcome?

Regards to all

Stuart

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Ouch you've got expensive tastes!!!!

Hi Peter,

The electric ones look fab - but at over a grand they are not cheap.

The hydraulic ones are about 20% more than the equivalent L&L model, £600 plays £500. Do you know anyone that has one in terms of talking about the quality?

Stuart

Hi Stuart
happy new year.
I have just been looking at www.probike.co.uk site and there lifts look ok

regards Peter

petermb998

Non-VOC Member
Hi Stuart
yes they are a bit pricey.

As I said get the best that you can afford.
Which ever one you get you will never regret it, it doesn't half save the back ache.

I am lucky with my lift as it is an industrial lift of 1000kg cap.
the problem is it stands off the floor by nearly 9inch.
Hence why I am putting it in to a pit.

If as you have suggested selling the h and getting a comet maybe you will have something left over with any luck. plus your Christmas fund.
just a thought.
regards Peter.

PS a friend got a scissor lift from someone in Stafford. really is a well built lift. will let you know who they are when I can remember.

Last edited:

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Hi Peter - L&L lifts are the people who show at Stafford so that sounds good

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply, L&L are the people who exhibit at the show so it sounds like a good recommendation, they are the ones that I am thinking of buying from - the top of the range job is about £550 delivered.

Thanks again, hope to see you soon.

Is the Pie and Pint the April "All Fools" event? I'm planning to go to that.

Stuart

Hi Stuart
yes they are a bit pricey.

As I said get the best that you can afford.
Which ever one you get you will never regret it, it doesn't half save the back ache.

I am lucky with my lift as it is an industrial lift of 1000kg cap.
the problem is it stands off the floor by nearly 9inch.
Hence why I am putting it in to a pit.

If as you have suggested selling the h and getting a comet maybe you will have something left over with any luck. plus your Christmas fund.
just a thought.
regards Peter.

PS a friend got a scissor lift from someone in Stafford. really is a well built lift. will let you know who they are when I can remember.

deejay499

VOC Member
bike lifts

Hi Stuart. I have had a KD Benches bike lift for many years and by coincidence they are featured in this months Old Bike Mart that just dropped through the door. They have a full length bed with detachable ramp and removable section for taking out the rear wheel, which is not needed for a Vincent rear wheel. Standard size is 24" by 7`long and take up to 450kgs. They are also cheaper at £295 than the L & L, though that should not be the prime reason for buying one. Both the `D` and `C` go on ok and the `C` can be wheeled on and put on the rear stand without overlapping the end. Worth checking with the others.(I use a steel plate under the stand to protect the bench) Like most of the benches, it sits 7 or 8" off the deck when down. I have not got a wheel clamp but use tie-down straps for safety. Their website is www.kdbenches.co uk
This is probably the best thing I have bought for working on bikes, good luck with yours. Dave Johnson

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Thanks Dave - I've chosen and ordered an L&L ramp today.

Hi Dave,

I got a great deal from Barry Stewart of LandL imports and have ordered a heavy duty bike ramp and a minilift (which acts as a centre stand for a Harley I am told) and it is being delivered in a couple of weeks. So will let the Forum know what I think when I have it and have tried it - it too is 250mm off the ground when flat. I looked at the KD but wanted something with a wipe clean metal top rather than timber as my Vincent does breath heavily - hence my choice.

Thanks for your posting though, and fingers crossed I have made the right choice for me - it needed to go over 400kg as the Harley is a heavy beast.

Cheers for now.

Stuart

Hi Stuart. I have had a KD Benches bike lift for many years and by coincidence they are featured in this months Old Bike Mart that just dropped through the door. They have a full length bed with detachable ramp and removable section for taking out the rear wheel, which is not needed for a Vincent rear wheel. Standard size is 24" by 7`long and take up to 450kgs. They are also cheaper at £295 than the L & L, though that should not be the prime reason for buying one. Both the `D` and `C` go on ok and the `C` can be wheeled on and put on the rear stand without overlapping the end. Worth checking with the others.(I use a steel plate under the stand to protect the bench) Like most of the benches, it sits 7 or 8" off the deck when down. I have not got a wheel clamp but use tie-down straps for safety. Their website is www.kdbenches.co uk
This is probably the best thing I have bought for working on bikes, good luck with yours. Dave Johnson

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
My L&L Imports heavy bike lift has been delivered - recommended

Hi All,

I bought the L&L imports heavy duty bike lift along with a mini lift (to act as a centre stand for the Harley, recommended by L&L) and all was delivered by Barry Stewart of L&L last night.

For under £400 for the lot, delivered it is a superb product. I suspect the Chinese may well take over the world. Full and detailed instructions in English well translated with very few issues, a full parts diagram and well packaged in a wooden crate. The few nuts and bolts you need to assemble it are all provided and when you open the packet they are all there (very unIkea like). Took less than an hour to strip the crate away and leave the lift on the floor. Fit two wheels to one end and roll into location. Then fit the super boomerang shaped front wheel lock which is rubber lined and grips the wheel through a 70 degree bend. Works perfectly, has a solid bar safety mechanism with a number of height adjustments to lock the whole assembly in place, and a front edge raised lip to prevent you running off the front end of the ramp.

Nicely finished, detachable ramp for loading and unloading.

On the advice of another VOC member I also got two seal kits with the ramp, so fingers crossed the future wear and tear issues (if there are any) are going to be fixable. He also sells the hydraulic arm seperately for £45 if you need another one.

I'll post some pictures onto the Forum shortly, but I'm very pleased with the product and the service I got from Barry, thoroughly recommended value for money.

Only downside is that you get to see your Vincent from a whole new angle - I thought I'd been over mine with a fine tooth comb but have now seen there is a chip out of a barrell fin, rear cylinder, rear section low. Oops - wasn't me!

My knees love it.

Have a look at www.LandLimports.com or call 016973-49295 or see him at Stafford which is where I first saw them.

Cheers

Stuart