T: Fuel Tank Connection wiring

Ernesto

Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm installing the fuel tank on my Comet after re-paint and have a question.
Where connection wiring from the left side (decompressor, clutch, decompressor and trottole) should pass?
Between UFM and tank, over the rubber part on the left side of the tank or external?
Could you share some photos?

Thanks

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member

greg brillus

VOC Member
Generally the cables and the main wiring loom sit in the gap between the front of the oil tank and the cast lugs and the rubber forward tank mounts, so above the rubber mounts not bellow them.

Ernesto

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Ok,
thanks for the advice on how to use the search function, I'll use in the future question.
For now I believe I understood the issue. I have a "B" tank on a "C" Comet and since i purchase new carb cable bend at VOC, there is not enough space under the tank.
Have a look a the foto below and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Attachments

• Carb.jpg
    Carb.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 42

timetraveller

VOC Member
What I do is to try to fit the cable alongside the oil tank. Typically there is a gap of 6 to 10 mm between the oil tank and the petrol tank and I try to fit the carb cable into that. If the wiring loom is too thick to fit into that gap then that is another problem. If you have to you can make up a curved piece of tube which will fit into the top of the carb and then guide the inner of the cable along side the oil tank.

Albervin

VOC Member
And that is one reason why the early tanks (called Series B by many) were superseded by the tanks with bigger cut-outs. Many people just let their clutch cables hang out, it looks ugly but gives a nice soft clutch pull. Just do what works for you.