Congrats to BMW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bracker1

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Congrats to the BMW team with their multimillion dollar 1000RR. 204 MPH... Only 20mph slower than Dave Matson's speed bike. I do believe the Matson machine may be the most important Vincent ever. It still holds a world record. One can only imagine what Dave could do with all the resources afforded to the Germans. Gunga Din, and Rollie Free's bikes were merely steps in the evolution of the ultimate Vincent. Go Dave

Bracker1

VOC Member
It was a BUB record they are cheering about. Pretty soon BMW will have so much electronic crap that the rider won't be required. Anti skid,, traction control, abs bs all to go slower than a 60 year old bike. I think the BUB records mist be meaningless and are for those machines that can't go very fast.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
It was a BUB record they are cheering about. Pretty soon BMW will have so much electronic crap that the rider won't be required. Anti skid,, traction control, abs bs all to go slower than a 60 year old bike. I think the BUB records mist be meaningless and are for those machines that can't go very fast.

But what you forget to mention is that the speeds where set riding 2 UP (Rider and Pillion)

b'knighted

VOC Member
But what you forget to mention is that the speeds where set riding 2 UP (Rider and Pillion)
They hold a Guinness World Record for the fastest speed on a motorcycle ridden by two people simultaneously - a record achieved on a 2011 BMW S 1000 RR reaching an average two-way speed of 181.426 mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats where Andy was the rider for the qualification run (with Erin as the pillion passenger) and they switched for the record return run - with Erin as the rider and Andy as the pillion passenger.

The 204- 207 speeds were solo runs if I read it right
http://www.bmwmoa.org/news//racing_stories/new_world_and_national_records_for_bmw_motorcycles
If that doesn't work for you Bill, cut and paste it into the address box at the top of your browser.

Bracker1

VOC Member
The speeds are scary fast. Does BUB have a division for remote control motorcycles? That seems to be the direction motorcycling is heading,keep the human factor out of the equation.. It make's the Matson Vincent even more impressive, basement built magic. God bless The Vincent

Somer

VOC Member
Dave's bike was a lot bigger than 1000cc ! I took a track day on a BMW 1000RR. It was an impressive ride. However ,probably best that it stay on the track.
As they say with its electronics "it makes you a better rider than you are".

Bracker1

VOC Member
It was still garage made and tested. No billion dollar facility. I doubt if BMW doubled the size it would go as fast. It sits too high and I think Dave is more aerodynamic. BMW riders don't have the talent to go any faster, they lack the necessary testosterone. The fact remains, it is the fastest Vincent ever and it was done using original castings, vincent gearbox and a vincent clutch. One person designed and built a current record holder with 60 year old parts. Pretty impressive. Instead of the boring "World's Fastest Indian", they should have made the "World's Fastest Vincent" Now that's entertainment...

Status
Not open for further replies.