Congrats to BMW

Status
Not open for further replies.

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I did see pictures of a bloke going too fast in the fifties. The bike took off so fiercely that he was left blowing in its slipstream. Stretched out behind, the wind was so strong that it ripped all his clothes off.

Bracker1

VOC Member
Bracker, I think a certain amount of talent is essential when sitting astride 200 bhp, nomatter what sort of computer is controlling it.
Strangely, there are people out there who can't understand why we want to ride ugly, old, smelly, unreliable, uncomfortable museum exhibits. Not sure where your anti BMW venom comes from, but these are the sort of comments that have got the VOC a reputation for being elitist snobs. If you hate the bike so much get rid of it, I'm sure there's a Vincent hater somewhere who'd love to take it off your hands - you might have to change your description of it when you advertise it for sale though.

H

ps I had a BMW K100LT that was the most uncomfortable bike I've ever owned, so I'm not a BM fan.

It is a VINCENT club, not an all brands club. Might well be politically correct and call it the VBMWHONDADUCATIYAMAHAKTMAPRILLIAOC and sorry if I missed others. Again, there is no talent to control a computer aided machine. Proper training and anyone can fly a jet, pilot a helicopter or even go to the moon. Artists have talent, racers and pilots have training.

After serious thought, BMW's are still ugly. I am a glutton for punishment and enjoy the unenviable position of owning said bike.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
It is a VINCENT club, not an all brands club. Might well be politically correct and call it the VBMWHONDADUCATIYAMAHAKTMAPRILLIAOC and sorry if I missed others. Again, there is no talent to control a computer aided machine. Proper training and anyone can fly a jet, pilot a helicopter or even go to the moon. Artists have talent, racers and pilots have training.

After serious thought, BMW's are still ugly. I am a glutton for punishment and enjoy the unenviable position of owning said bike.

Sell the brick. Buy this. http://newark.ebayclassifieds.com/mo...e/?ad=25471887 . You'll be happier. :D

Steven

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
A bit out of place for sure but I've owned two BMW road bikes both having character , beauty and quality , strong runners too .
An R 90 S , Silver smoke twin , high torque and plenty fast , and one of the K tripple Sport bikes in Marakesh Red , beautiful machine . Smooth high winding cruiser , lighter and more agile than the 4 cy. Version . Both well built and jewel like . A good Vincent is more pleasing tho and far better on twisty back roads , feels more like your road companion .
Much earlier I hopped up a 53 R 50 500cc flat twin , used R 60 pistons and other tricks and it proved to be a fast lil bitch . Sid .

Status
Not open for further replies.