Concentric carb settings

bantam1949

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi everyone,

I am getting near to the end of my '49 Rapide restoration and have been given a set of Amal 930 concentrics in excellent condition. Sadly, they have no slides, jets or needles.

Can anyone help me with information regarding the correct "innards" for these carbies so I can place an order with Surrey Cycles?

Thanks very much in advance.

Cheers,

Tony
Australia

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am not sure that 930 and excellent condition should be used in the same sentence. I run them on my Rocket 3 racer. They work because I only use them in two positions.

bantam1949

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks Robert. Not the answer I wanted to hear but, hey, that's why I posted the query in the first place. Your name came up in the shed this morning as we toiled away in 106 degree South Australian heat. David B was telling me about Vancouver as I learned more about the mysteries of PCV. He failed to mention that you are were a beeza man too .... sadly my forum name gives away my leanings and they are a long way from racing Rocket Threes! Cheers and Thanks, Tony, Adelaide.

Rocket3

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Tony, I also run 930 carbs on my Rob North with no problems when set up right, not the best carb in the world but to comply with the the eligibility rules over here your choice is limited.

bantam1949

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks. I've been searching the net and have discovered a fair bit of info on setting up 930s for the Rapide. The Vincent.com has quite a long section on the subject. Enough to get me started anyhow.

Cheers and thanks again.

Tony