computers ?.

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have just had an email from Orange, To say my email will end at the end of May, U.K. And that I should go onto Gmail, Has anybody else had this , Or is it a Scam. Many thanks, Bill.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Thanks all, If it is, It's a bloody good one !, It says press here and it will be done for you very quick ?, It was when they said my Bank details will be changed over, I went all HOT !!.
Funny thing is, I won't do banking on my computer, I don't trust it.
Hope for some more replys. Cheers Bill.

Oldhaven

VOC Member
Bill,

Don't press anything....It is very likely to download a pile of malware or ransomware onto your computer.

If you are interested in switching to gmail it can be done independently by using the link on the Google search page. I would not trust anything nowadays, especially when it wants to know your bank details.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Cheers Ron, I must be Thick, I nearly did it !!, It's got the whole Orange page front, This is Scary for me, It says I will loose all my contacts and saved emails, I have some good tech' stuff in there, I want to keep, I can't believe this !!. Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
When in doubt describe the message in Google perhaps a unique phrase in the message generally up will come details of scam
Because I have a number of web sites I have my email on their server a low profile email helps security look at the thousands of people's details taken from talk talk
I had a virgin net account for years since the early nineties them the gits decided to dump all rural broadband users to concentrate on urban fibre they tried to force me to talk talk luckily I dodged that bullet
I see at last BT has been forced to separate open reach as a separate company that's one monopoly gone non BT broadband users may find speeds improve now

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Thanks Bill, I googled like Vibrac said, And it looks like it's true ??, The Wifes Son made me a Gmail address on my Smart, "joke" Phone, A few months ago, but I have never used it.
Like you say, It's not even Orange now , It's EE. Cheers, Confused Of Dorset !!.