Comment of the day!

Rob H

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
This is absolutely true, happened to me at the weekend, thought it was quite amusing.
Sitting on the C Shadow eating an ice cream, young woman in car stops and says:

Her: Is that a Harley?

Me: no its not

Her: Never mind its still realy nice!

vibrac

VOC Member
when touring in USA with Vincent whenever we stopped up would come someone and say "what kind of Harley is that?" back in Uk it was the Vincent spares open day at Lymm and out side was the storemans Harley you can guess what we said...

greg brillus

VOC Member
Best response i like when asked what HRD stands for is....."Oh... it's a Harley Riders Dream".....Gets them every time....GB.

dave g6xnc

Non-VOC Member
Anyone I've ever met (non motor cyclists) on hearing you ride a bike says", have you got a Harley Davidson, "no I havent" "oh
couldent you afford one but I bet you'd like one"!!!. No I've got a Vincent and a BMW, "oh, dident know BMW's made ,bikes". Aghhh!!.

Howard

VOC Member
Strange people these non motorcyclists. With the best will in the world, they get things so wrong. I've got tee shirts, mugs, a wallet and a wooden model from Indonesia, all depicting HDs and all bought as presents by friends who don't realise "not all motorcycles were born equal".

H

vibrac

VOC Member
Anyone I've ever met (non motor cyclists) on hearing you ride a bike says", have you got a Harley Davidson, "no I havent" "oh
couldent you afford one but I bet you'd like one"!!!. No I've got a Vincent and a BMW, "oh, dident know BMW's made ,bikes". Aghhh!!.

Yes but ask me a footballer I would say Stanley Matthews (that was the last time I watched a game) and with the computer and 'clever' software as used in You Tube. and also a hard disk TV (I never watch anything live, even adverts are a thing of the past) we will all retreat into our own little interest worlds only ever seeing what we are interested in,and only contributing to our interest groups
Perhaps thats the reason for the ageing motorcycle population, Whatever , we must thank Hardly Ableson for at least getting one name out there (thats about all we can thank them for....)

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
A friend with a '48 "B" used to tell folks that it was, in fact, a Harley, but a very special one made by the "Harley Racing Division"...HRD..

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
Having ridden my Norvin all over for so long I to have had my fair share of odd comments.
On looker "Norvin, never heard of that what is it?"
Me "its a Norton frame with a Vincent engine in it"
On looker "yes but where does the name Norvin come from, is that your name?"

Phelps.

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Having ridden my Norvin all over for so long I to have had my fair share of odd comments.
On looker "Norvin, never heard of that what is it?"
Me "its a Norton frame with a Vincent engine in it"
On looker "yes but where does the name Norvin come from, is that your name?"

Phelps.

Yo Phelps, wasn't a Hardly rider was it?
I pulled up at a lookout car park for a break one day, when a hardly pulled up about 30 metres from me ..........in a disabled spot......response to me from my missus was "just leave it Red"...bullshit, I had a field day explaining to Hardly rider how appropriate the parking spot was for him :) ....I Know....I'm going to Hell