FT: Frame (Twin) Comet's FT163

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
And mine as it;s been without cowling since 1970 when fitting Scintilla magneto as didn't want to cut it. Now fitted with a Grosset trigger unit so I could now fit. Not necessary as front wheel stay stand for wheel removal & a side stand that is better than any other i've see all home made reaching from RFM pivot to beyond rear wheel spindle. Rear stand that can be used with bike fully loaded as it has leaverage with rear feet, My wife who is 80 plus can put me bike & luggage on stand, so I then clime off like an old mad that I've become.
Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 16.27.39.png

Marcus Bowden

VOC Member
Thank you, lads, with mates like you who needs enemies. Already had one disappointment today, Harvey's not doing the Tassie Tour but staying in America to be with Ann for the arrival of 7th grandchild.
After he's booked everything ??!!

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Marcus, Only if we are fortunate do we become old men, hopefully not old madmen, although sometimes when I cannot find something I was using 5 minutes previously, I do start to worry, the sun is shining up here and I am thinking, shall I get the bike out for its pre season polish of the engine and FT 163 (staying on topic you see), still far to cold for me to consider taking it out for a spin 7.5C!
Will you still do the Tassie Tour?

Marcus Bowden

VOC Member
Harvey's not doing the Tassie Tour but staying in America to be with Ann for the arrival of 7th grandchild.

Yes I'm still doing the Tassie Tour on one of Peter Benders Shadows that Harvey sent out a Grosset starter kit for it so I wouldn't have trouble starting!
Can someone ask Harvey to take his place as it's all paid for?
Seems a shame to waste it.
Peter a good suit, I 'll go anywhere with my one-piece suit that son Robert is borrowing at present to travel daily into London from Henley on the Thames. Also, heated grips are essential for me these days too.

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
You had better hope that the Bride doesn't lurk on the forum!

Have no fear... My idea of living on the edge.... Using the dishwasher and the meat draw at the legion. These are from today and my lovely bride actually witnessed them being loaded. There was a slight aroma from the B15, so I suggested she go for a walk and get some fresh air. The car is gone, so I assume she went shopping instead. Could be an expensive case cleaning, but hey... they look like new.

Crankcase wash.jpg

Crankcase after Wash 3.jpg

fishingpaul

Forum User
VOC Member
Got my FT 163 back from the expert welder in Maryland.....excellent job, will probably refit with both an inside and outside nut (or an appropriate length tube). Thanks to all.