comet tyres

bodlan

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Can anyone suggest a better combination than the Avon SM front and safety mileage rear. I have a 20" front rim and a 19" rear rim. I can't seem to find much available on the internet in these sizes.

cheers

davidd

VOC Member
If you wish to run matched modern tires you will have to go up an inch or down an inch on a new rim for the front. Then you will have some nice tires available.

David

davidd

VOC Member
Bruce is correct and the AM26 is available in 21" and V rated. It is also V rated (perfect for those Black Lightnings that are running at Bonneville.)

David

Albervin

VOC Member
Can anyone suggest a better combination than the Avon SM front and safety mileage rear. I have a 20" front rim and a 19" rear rim. I can't seem to find much available on the internet in these sizes.

cheers
Strongly suggest you go 21" at the front. Lightnings had 21" so you can say your Comet has been "Lightningised"!! You can then use the new Avon Roadriders which are truly wonderful. You could possibly try a rear AM26 with the standard front if you want to save some pennies, I don't think it will harm the handling. I know that building a 21" stainless wheel with correct paint is very expensive here in Oz.