Misc: Stands Comet Side Stand?

SteveT

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
09241957-6075-4A71-AE66-5A8C006783F2.jpeg
This looks like a good solution.. any ideas what bike the stand is off?

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Slipping one in on the side plate of a Dave Hills stand looks tricky but not impossible
Never done it on a Comet, but I modified the Dave Hills stand on my Rapide so I could also fit a side stand. You have to move the center stand spring which is the tricky part as the silencer gets in the way if you try and use the large spring on the other side so a different spring arangment was used. The solution was found by Paul Ennis which I copied.
IMG_4526.JPG
Img_4527.jpg

Rap1.JPG
hills stand1.jpg

SteveT

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
A Dave Hills type stand may be the longer term aim but for now I just need a simple side stand fix. Even pulling in for a quick fuel stop becomes a faff with either risking it falling over or having to mess about with the rear stand. In the garage at home is easy, I just lean it against the wall!

nkt267

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Here is the honda one i fitted to my comet before I got the Dave Hills stand..Only one hole had to be drilled in the footrest plat as i used a longer bolt through the front mount and chaincase. I found that the position of the stand was perfect, you could pop it down very easily whilst sitting on the bike.

Attachments

• IMAG0029 - Copy.jpg
    IMAG0029 - Copy.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 40

SteveT

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Here is the honda one i fitted to my comet before I got the Dave Hills stand..Only one hole had to be drilled in the footrest plat as i used a longer bolt through the front mount and chaincase. I found that the position of the stand was perfect, you could pop it down very easily whilst sitting on the bike.
Any idea which Honda? Looks ideal.

brian gains

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
i fitted a Honda (model?) side stand following suggestions on this site. As you can see it cants the machine over at an exaggerated angle and when retracted does stick out noticeably.
However, no additional holes were needed, i can live with the angle of repose and can't see it when retracted unless on the main stand of course.
I mention all this only so full consideration can be given to any fitment that may be being considered.

Attachments

• thumbnail_DSC_0427.jpg
    thumbnail_DSC_0427.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 25