• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Comet rear frame fit

derek

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
:confused: The distance between the pivot bearing and the alloy plate G50/1, is 7" and the distance across the nuts of the pivot axle only 6 3/4".
Can any one tell me if two 1/8" distance washeres should be fitted one each side between the nuts and pivot bearig/and G50/1 ????
The distances are correct, as the frame tie which sets the distance is
7 3/4", the steel pivot bearing measures 3/4" thus leaving the space too fit the rear frame 7" as measured.

nkt267

VOC Member
There is a 1/4inch spacer(possibly F112 Russell should be able to tell you) between the rear frame and G50/1 and then a 5/8inch spacer between G50/1 and the footrest plate..No spacer on the drive side, the rear frame butts up against F103..I have a spare 5/8 spacer if you're desperate and may be able to machine a thin one if needed.John

Last edited:

derek

VOC Member
comet rear frame

Thank's, John and Russell, that answers my question. I can make the distance pieces OK, but what was the material? Alloy Ok steel?

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?